Redevelopment Höchhus, Steffisburg


This property in Steffisburg belongs to the Höchhus Foundation and is a listed building. The Höchhus is one of the oldest buildings in the village.

Facts and images
Construction Data
Exterior before renovation
Exterior before renovation
Attic before renovation
Attic before renovation

The project
The building stands on old wall remains, which are probably related to the castle of Steffisburg. The wooden construction of the roof truss dates back to 1530. All the work was closely supervised by the cantonal office for the preservation of historical monuments. First, the condition of the wooden construction had to be recorded by means of drilling resistance measurements and then assessed. We recalculated the roof structure on the basis of the new structural standards and assessed its safety.

The construction method
We have checked and verified the stiffening of the roof structure. All these examinations and verifications have shown that the roof truss from 1530 is capable of meeting the latest structural standards! Certain rotten or damaged components had to be replaced or repaired. The first floor of the renovated Höchhus is a restaurant, the upper floors are offices. The attic is used as a hall for various events. Wood Award Switzerland - Prix Lignum 2009

Construction Data

- Conversion historical building monument protection

Services of Timbatec

- Condition analysis

- Statics and bracing of the roof structure

- Details/detailed solutions

- Accompaniment and consulting contractor/architect

- Site inspections

HMS Architecture and Planning
3700 Spiez

Timber construction engineers
Timbatec Holzbauingenieure Schweiz AG, Thun
3600 Thun

Foundation Höchhus
3621 Steffisburg

Civil Engineer
Bührer und Dällenbach Ingenieure AG
3612 Steffisburg


Diese Webseite nutzt externe Komponenten welche dazu genutzt werden können, Daten über Ihr Verhalten zu sammeln.

Notwendige Cookies werden immer geladen